I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fishy placemats

I made these for my Mom.  The blue fish are for her summer cottage in Canada, and the green ones are to use on her lanai in Florida.  All 4 blue ones are the same - different fabrics on each side.  There are two sets of green - the two fish facing each other are a pair - same two fabrics.  I bought yardage and quilted it with a meander using muslin as a backing, then sewed right sides together with the second fabric. There's not a lot of pre-quilted fabric to pick from, so this was a better option.  The blue ones were photographed on a braided rug, so it's a little busy!




1 comment:

Sewgreen said...

Those are adorable fish!