I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, May 29, 2019

SHEEP

This is the second of two quilts Kathy did for her grandkids.  This one is sheep, and the other is puppies.  This one is 41 x 52.  Kathy did all of the embroidery.



She didn't want quilting through the embroidery, so I made a box around them, then filled behind to make them pop.  Each sheep had swirls as part of the embroidery, so I did the same in the background - it kind of looks like the sheep's curly fur.






She added the baby's dates and info:





I quilted continues hooks in the yellow border, and a meander in the white border.  She didn't want anything in the middle border:




The backing is the sheep fabric:











No comments: