I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Memorial baby quilt

Heather was expecting her first baby when her father-in-law passed.  She wanted a quilt for the baby made from his shirts.  This is 49x58.  I used a thread that matches the solid blue fabric that I purchased to go with the shirts.  She did a great job of picking out shirts that all blend well.


I used Bonnie Hunter's free pattern - Weed Wacker.  (available here:  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/weed-whacker.html )  It's a great pattern to use when there are lots of different fabrics.



I had 11 different shirts to work with, plus one sweatshirt.  That is  the "Chicago" in the middle.






I quilted 2 hooks in each strip, and continuous curves in the blue triangles.



I carried the hook theme in the small border - that is a shirt I didn't use in the body:




The backing is a batik that fit with the shirt colors:




No comments: