I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, July 18, 2016

Martha's Peacocks

This is the second quilt Martha has done with this fabric.  The first was in a different color-way.  She found this line in a color she liked better, so did it all over again!  This one is 89 x 89.



The peacock fabric is the focal point, and the other fabrics coordinate with it.



I outlined the flowers and the peacock.



There are daisies in the fabrics that would it the best.  There are daisies in the outer border fabric.




and a meander in the other fabrics;




I put feathers in the inner border, and diagonal lines creating an "X" pattern in the outer border:






The backing is a blender fabric that matches the front and shows the quilting well.




No comments: