I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Monday, December 7, 2015

Mike's Coaching Career

Mike coached cross country and track for 24 years, so he has accumulated LOTS of t-shirts. He had me make two for each of his kids - one from cross country shirts and the other from the track shirts.

His daughter's cross country quilt is 84 x 92.  There were so many shirts that I eliminated any  sashings or extra fabric to leave more room for shirts.




I had to add small filler pieces to fill in bare spots:




I used a simple meander for quilting:




The back is a neutral grey/black swirl pattern





The son's cross country quilt was done in a similar fashion, and is 88 x 96




I did a double loop on the quilting for this one - similar but different




The back is a black dot in a diamond pattern:





The track quilts didn't have as many shirts, so I created a shadow effect using black fabric on two sides.  The one for the daughter is 70 x 80:




close up of shadow effect :




the background makes the shirts look like they are floating on a stone wall:


The quilting has a tighter meander, with different thread colors to match the background and each shirt, with a loopy line in the black borders.



The backing is a soft grey:



The son's track quilt is 72 x 80




His background fabric looks like burlap fabric:





close up of shadow effect:




The backing for this one is a black/grey stone look:




No comments: