I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Memories of Ed

This was made for Jane, using her husband's ties and a few shirts.  The fabulous colors of the ties led me to the color wheel.  Some of the ties are traditional prints, and some are just fun - cats and dogs holding umbrellas, palm trees or golfers.  The t- shirt piece in the middle has bible verses in Ed's handwriting.  The middle of the top and bottom rows have the skinny ends of the ties.  I pulled the padding out from all the ties, but it's still pretty heavy.  The shirt fronts I left whole - with buttons and pocket attached.  The backs of the shirts are on the back of the quilt.  The backing fabric and binding are a blue print.  Size is 60 x 80.



 
upper left section
 
 
upper right section - includes  a Cincinnati Reds baseball hat
 
 
center t-shirt
 
 
lower left section
 
 
lower right section
 
 
I quilted radiating lines following the points and centers of each tie.  The top and bottom sections are a simple meander.  There is a wiggly line where the ties overlap.
 
 
wiggly lines on back
 
 
The back shows the quilting well.
 
 
 
 

No comments: