I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quilt of Valor

Sharon in Ohio pieced this beautiful top as a Quilt of Valor.  I love the pattern.  It has been sent back to her for binding and presentation to a veteran.



I did a meander in the blue  and cream areas, and added 8-pointed stars in the star centers:


The corners have stars also:



The flying geese are 3-D, so the white stitching is basting stitches to hold them down while I quilted.  Sharon will pull them out before this is presented.

I did loops in the brown border, and a meander in the larger flag border:


My favorite part is the feather in the red "stripes"


The backing is red, white and blue stars on navy:


The cream stitching in the stars makes a neat pattern on the back:




Edit - Sharon just sent me these pictures of her presenting the quilt to her brother, and the label she attached.    Thanks Sharon for including my Dad.








1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow! Fantastic Quilting!! on a gorgeous quilt!!