Thursday, June 19, 2014
Taylor started out wanting a twin quilt, but had so many favorite shirts that we ended up doing a full size. Her Mom had done a great job saving little shirts from when Taylor was young. We chose a light grey for sashings and borders so all the shirts would stand out. She also wanted the orange and black cornerstones to separate each shirt more. The finished size is 87 x 93.
The backing is basketball fabric, which is perfect because it is orange and black like the school colors. I also used this fabric for the binding:
I quilted loops and wiggly lines in the sashings and borders:
In the center of each shirts I used a circle template, then added lines to make it look like a basketball. Then I added a simple meander around that.