I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quilt of Valor

I made this disappearing 9-patch while spending 6 nights in a motel.  :)  I had the 5" charms all cut, then pieced them, cut them, and re-pieced them in the motel.  Got it all done except for the borders.  I used a blue fabric with gold stars for the backing.  I quilted stars in the red and blue squares, white squiggly lines in the white sections.  The first border has a diagonal zig zag, and I put lots of little swirls in the blue border.  It's 64x78, has a matching presentation case, and embroidered label.





swirls in blue border

red square
blue backing
 

matching presentation case
label - name will be added at the time of presentation
 
blue squares
 

No comments: