I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, April 27, 2012

Something's Fishy . . .

This is a one-block wonder quilt.  I saved some of the original fabric to use on the back, and embroidered fish to swim through the mazes created by the cubes.  Many of the hexagons show the fish swimming round and round the hexagons.  Sometimes there is a smiling face, or a tail in others.  The cubes were a challenge, but fun to add to the quilt.  I quilted this using circle templates centered at each hexagon intersection, which created interlocking circles, more visable on the back.  I quilted a cable in the first blue border,  free motion flip-flop feathers in the narrow pink border, and a free motion veined swirl in the large outer blue border.  I earned a second place ribbon in the 2012  String Along Quilt Guild show.          78 x 85



first set of cubes

2nd set of cubes

3rd set of cubes

border quilting

quilting on back

original fabric

2 comments:

Lesauri said...

Absolutely beautiful, I would never thought that the fabric had fish in it.

Judy Laquidara said...

Love it! Thanks for sending the link. The fish going across the cubes are so cute!