I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trips Around the World

I  made this Bonnie K Hunter variation of Trip Around the World for a friend's Mom who has cancer.  She's going through a tough course of chemo, and I thought this would keep her warm. She worked at JoAnn Fabrics for years, so I know she'll appreciate a quilt.  She likes patriotic stuff, so the backing is red with small white/blue stars all over.  I quilted it using a multi-colored variegated tread, and did swirls with 3 feathers on the back side in the body of the quilt, swirls in the yellow border, and feathers in the blue border.  The binding is scrappy also - lots of leftovers from other quilts.  60 x 84.

No comments: