I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, January 28, 2011

Recycled shirts quilt

 
This quilt is made entirely from recycled shirts from the Goodwill Store - the backing too.  Or you can raid you husband's (brother, Dad, sons, whatever) closets and dig out those old 100% cotton shirts.  The pattern is from Nancy Rose's blog - Life's A Stitch.  She did hers from only 7 shirts - I had to add extras for the backing.  I just kept piecing fronts and backs till I had the size I needed.  It was a fun project.    Mine finished at 52 x 64.  This one is definitely masculine colors, but you could chose women's shirts in brighter colors.  There are some other pictures on her blog.  (Pieced 2009, quilted Jan 2011)

No comments: