I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Sunday, May 26, 2019

Metro Rings

My Mom wanted a new quilt for her bed.  She had a traditional double wedding ring pattern, and it was getting very worn.  She wanted the same pattern, so I used this Metro Rings pattern that is very similar but much easier.  She and I went shopping together to buy fabrics.  It's 95 x 107.  She wanted the extra width because of her deep drop mattress. 



I used white thread throughout, and did some heavy duty quilting.



I stitched 1/4" away from the sides of the arcs






I used a curved ruler to create the star in the centers





hooks in the corners where the blocks come together





back and forth in the arc centers to make them standout




feathers in the outer border



The baking is actually a pale blue, and hides the white thread well



No comments: