I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Tuesday, March 3, 2020

SEA TURTLE

This is a collage quilt pattern by Laura Heine.  New sewing involved except for the quilting.  It's 45x64.  After the pattern is traced onto a very thin paper, fabrics are fused on to create the image.  I bought lots of different fabrics to add all the images around the turtle.  It got a second place award in my quilt guild's show in February.  I quilted it using a pantograph with fish and waves.



I used lighter background fabrics at the top to add depth to the overall picture





The committee did a fabulous job on the ribbons




close up of turtle




detail of head and eyes




baby turtle with air bubbles




cone flowers




coral on rock ledge




lobster and crabs




mermaids with sharks ready to attack




rock ledge with shells




whale and coral and shells




sea horse and coral




Seaweed


I quilted it using a pantograph with fish and waves.  If you look closely you can see the fish here:









I found a perfect backing fabric - More turtles !!






1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is fantastic!! and the depth of the ocean created by color is amazing!