I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, June 29, 2017

Girl Scouts

Gloria brought me the Girl Scout uniforms that her Mom and aunt wore in the 1940's.  There wasn't a lot of fabric, so the quilt is a small wall hanging - 28 x 32.   I quilted simple wiggly lines on the seams so as not to detract from the embroidery and embellishments.




She did the research and found the names of each badge so I could label them. 




I made pinwheels from the 2 different fabrics and used that as a border.



The sleeve of the tweed fabric had the troop number, region name, and a trefoil



I kept all the buttons and pockets and was able to incorporate them








The tweed uniform had embroidery on the collar



There is even a Girl Scout fabric that I found for the backing and binding




No comments: