I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Friday, December 2, 2016

Life's a Beach

I bought this fabric in January 2014 when it was miserably cold.  I saw this and immediately felt like I was at the beach.  It's just so warm and sunny.  I finished piecing in September of that year, but just now got it quilted.  It's 56 x 76






There are spinning tops in two color-ways.  Pink and cream




pink spinning top




cream spinning top


I used a variegated thread that had most of the colors in it to quilt a pantograph that has fish swimming across, mixed in with swirls.  I thought the fish added to the summery feel





I love the yellow giraffe print for the border:




The backing is a great zig zag that is full of color. I used this same fabric for the backing




No comments: