I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Thursday, June 5, 2014

Quilt of Valor

Jill in Ohio pieced this fabulous top.  I love the pattern and I love the fabric she chose.  It's really rich and vibrant, and every triangle point is just perfect.  I did a little extra on the quilting because this top deserved it.  I quilted "e's" and "l's" in the cream border, a wiggly line in the red border, and a meander in the outside border.  I forgot to get pictures of those.  The finished size is 65 x 77.  This quilt will be donated to a veteran through the Quilts of Valor program.



This one doesn't need any more explanation  - the photo says it all  :)

 
I quilted 8-pointed stars in the background squares, and lines of ribbon in the blades of the star.
 
 
cross-hatching in the checkerboard.  The lines go one way in the cream squares, the opposite way in the red and blue squares.
 
 
The backing is muslin, so the quilting shows up well.
 
 


No comments: