I'd love to hear your comments on my projects. Feel free to post a note here (click on the word "comment" at the end of the post) , or you can contact me directly. See info on the above tab.


Thanks for visiting . . .



Saturday, January 18, 2014

Margaret's Flying Geese

Margaret bought this top and had me quilt it so she can enter it in our show in March.  I used a maroon thread in the borders and sashing, putting a paisley design in the borders to go along with the fabric, and diagonal loops in the sashings.  I used a grey thread in the geese doing loops with line dancing.  The backing is a batik that has most of the same colors in it.  The blue color is really a dark maroon that matches the front.  It's 56 x 72.



 
 
                                                            close up of quilting
 
 
 
paisley design in border
 
                                                                           backing

 

No comments: